1) Who can register for a .asia domain name and what are the special registration requirements/restrictions for .asia domain name?
Special requirements/restrictions are as below:
- Anyone (person or entity) can be a registrant of a .asia domain name in condition where registrant must meet the Charter Eligibility Requirement.
- In order to satisfy the Charter Eligibility Requirement, at least one of the Domain Contacts associated with the Domain Name (Registrant, Admin, Billing or Technical) must be a legal entity in the DotAsia Community (Based on the ICANN Asia/Australia/Pacific Region described by 73 ccTLDs; http://www.icann.org/montreal/geo-regions-topic.htm)
- Accented characters such as Ö, è , Ø and etc. will not be allow for text fields (contact name, street or city)
2) What is Charter Eligibility Declaration Contact (CED Contact)?
Charter Eligibility Requirement is the basic requirement to register a .asia domain name, at least one of the domain contact must be a legal entity in the DotAsia Community.
- The CED Contact is not an additional contact;
- The CED Contact is legal entity designated to make the Charter Eligibility Declaration;
- The legal entity may be a natural person or a juristic entity (such as corporation, partnership, public sector entities) in the DotAsia Community (within the localities described by the ICANN Asia/Australia/ Pacific (AP) Region; http://www.icann.org/montreal/geo-regions-topic.htm)
- The registrant must specify which contact to be listed as the CED Contact;
- Additional information must also be provided, these included:
- Locality of the claimed Legal Entity status
- Type of Legal Entity
- Form of Identification
- Identification Number / Code of Reference
- Other remarks
3) What is the responsibility of the Charter Eligibility Declaration Contact (CED Contact)?
In the case where the CED contact is not the registrant, the CED contact and registrant will be jointly accountable for the domain registration, responsible for responding to dispute resolution proceedings and jointly be defined as the Registered Name Holder. Nevertheless, the Registrant (Registrant Contact) will remain the "operating contact" for a domain, including for domain transfers and the reappointment of a CED Contact for a domain.
4) Does ht2u/domainplus provide Internationalized Domain name (IDN) for .asia?
No, We do not provide IDN.asia domain name at this moment.